The meeting which was presided by HE the Governor, had in attendance HE, the Deputy Governor, Secretary to the State Government, Chief of Staff to the Governor, Head of the Civil Service, all Commissioners and Special Adviser, commenced at 11:00am after the rendering of the national and state anthems and an opening prayer worded by Mrs Idongesit Etiebet, HC- Education.
HE the Governor in his opening remarks bemoaned the current economic and security situation in the country. He sued for cooperation, support and prayers for the Federal Government and the country. He charged the Commissioner for Health to ensure that the Primary Healthcare Centers were functioning optimally to help provide health care services to rural populace.
Business of the day:
1. Reports were received on the leasing of the Dakkada tower, Eket Urbanization, Power for All, Dakkada Estate, Ibom Plaza Remodelling, state of reconstructed hospitals, especially Ikot Abasi and Ikot Ekpene and the coconut refinery.
2. Council directed that a strategic stakeholder meeting with all regulators and players critical to the execution of the Power for All programme should be convened to assess the preparedness for the launch of the Power for All project.
3. The Report from the citizens’ engagement forum on issues related to Ibom deep sea Port was received. It was reported that the twin issues of Name and Location change of the deep sea port were raised and discussed. Further consultations between government and Oro people on the matter will happen in due course.
4. The progress report for Ibom Air Company Limited was presented by a team led by The Chairman of the Board, Mr. Imo Jacob accompanied by the Chief Executive Officer, Captain Mfon Udom, Chief Operating Officer, George Oriese, Group Manager Communication, Aniekan Essienette and the Group Manager,Corporate Services, Imelda Aba. Council expressed the appreciation of government to the company’s management over the professionalism deployed in the management of the airline. HE the Governor charged the company to consider the training of citizens as pilots and airline professionals . Exco expressed satisfaction with the company’s sustainability plan and approved the expansion proposal .
5. The report of the state’s participation at the just Concluded National Sports Festival where the state came 7th out of 36, with 20 Gold Medals was received. Council commended the athletes and promised to consolidate investments in sports.
6. The Report of WAEC performance over a year on year comparison was received and the slight performance improvement was noted
7. Additional works were approved for Abak Ifia-Ikpe Mbak Eyop-Ikot Abia Ossom-Nko Roads in Ikot Ekpene/Obot Akara Local Government Areas. Also, the dualization of the Ring Road 2(Abak Road to Udoudoma)was reawarded to Hensek Integrated Services and the contract should be completed within a year.
8. Approval for the revised Bills of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation(BEME) for Etebi-Enwang Road was granted.
9. EXCO directed that the draft bill for the inspection of Agricultural produce for the purpose of enforcement of grades and standards, be sent to the House of Assembly.
The meeting ended at 4:51pm with a closing prayer by HC-Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport.
Comrade Ini Ememobong
Honourable Commissioner for Information & Strategy
Akwa Ibom State